Spring Into Fashion with New Eyeglass Frames
You don’t need to be a fashion expert to find eyeglass frames that look great on you. Our trained optical staff are here to help. Bissell Eyecare is excited to announce a new eyeglass frame line – Superdry from Tura. These contemporary frames will be sure to turn heads and make a fashion statement with layered attention to detail and bold hues.
Eyeglasses can help create the image you want. Eyewear-styling experts recommend you start by considering the different aspects of your life. Ask yourself, “What are the different activities I participate in? What type of work do I do?” This speaks to why people need more than one pair of eyeglasses, just as they need more than one pair of shoes. Are you a fast-paced businessperson, an outdoor enthusiast, a busy mom, a retired senior, or a student?
To narrow down your choices, consider what eyewear experts suggest in terms of styling, color, material and size for various lifestyles.
FACE SHAPE MATTERS:
- Square Face: Eyeglasses that soften the angularity and sit high on the bridge of the nose look best on square faces. Oval or round eyeglasses will balance and add a thinner appearance to the angles of a square face.
- Round Face: Eyeglass frames that are square or rectangular tend to be wider than a round face. This quality can enhance your face by making it appear slimmer and longer, adding balance to your round features.
- Oval Face: Frames that suit an oval face have a strong bridge, are wider than the broadest part of the face, and are geometric in shape.
- Diamond Face: Play up a narrow forehead and chin with eyeglass frames that sweep up or are wider than the cheekbones, such as cat eyeglasses and oval frames. These frames will accentuate your cheekbones and delicate features.
- Heart-Shaped Face: Frames that balance the width of the forehead with the narrowness of the chin are ideal. Eyeglasses with low-set temples and bottom-heavy frame lines will add width to that narrower part of your face. Round eyeglasses or square eyeglasses with curved edges will help draw attention away from a broad, high forehead.
Consider Colors That Match Your Skin Tone
Skin tone sets the tone for high fashion frames. Select a shade closest to your skin tone:
Warm Skin Tone
If you have a yellow, bronze or golden cast to your skin, you have a warm complexion. Avoid contrasting colors such as pastels. The best frame colors for you are light tortoise, browns shades, gold or honey, beige, and olive green.
Cool Skin Tone
If your skin has pink or blue undertones, you have a cool complexion. Avoid colors that wash you out and instead reach for frames that are silver, black, dark tortoise, pink, purple, blue, mauve, and gray.
Choose Frames to Fit Your Lifestyle
There are eyeglass frames for every way of life! Think about the activities you will do while wearing your eyeglasses. If you are active, there are frames which can twist and bend without breaking. Need gaming glasses or computer glasses? Choose from a wide selection of stylish frames that enhance the gaming experience.
Show Your Personality
You can have a pair of glasses that showcase your fun-loving side on the weekends and a pair that emphasizes your get-down-to-business tone during the week. Update your frames to express your personality or have a small collection of frames on hand to easily alter your appearance to suit your mood.
New eyeglass frames are arriving for Spring. Visit our office in Bakerstown or Natrona Heights for the finest selection of eyewear frames, sunglasses, and protective sportswear.
About Bissell Eye Care: John D. Bissell, OD owns and operates Bissell Eye Care servicing Northern Pittsburgh and Alle-Kiski Valley regions. With two locations to treat patients, we offer evening and Saturday appointments. Bissell Eye Care provides comprehensive eye examinations for the entire family beginning as early as 6 months, ocular disease detection and treatment, eyeglasses, sunglasses, activewear, contact lenses, and low vision examinations for those with significant vision loss. We accept most types of vision and health insurance plans. For more Information, visit bisselleyecare.com or call our Bakerstown Office at 724-443-6767 or Natrona Heights office at 724-226-0444.