Bissell Eye Care accepts many different vision and health insurance plans as well as care credit. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office directly at 724-443-6767 in Bakerstown, 724-226-0444 in Natrona Heights or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not see your insurance listed, we will be happy to assist you in any way possible. We will review your benefits and do the best we can to address your needs.
Please remember you are fully responsible for all fees charged by our office regardless of your insurance coverage. Most insurance companies will respond within four to six weeks. Please call our office if your statement does not reflect your insurance payment within that time frame. Any remaining balance after your insurance has paid is your responsibility. Your prompt remittance is appreciated.
Unsure about your coverage, start with these steps.
- Determine what insurance company you have (VSP, Davis, NVA, etc.). There should be a toll-free number on the back of the card that you can call to determine if there is vision coverage associated with the insurance. Some insurances will go through a different carrier, for example Select Blue usually runs through Davis, but may use a different carrier.
- If your insurance is through a parent or guardian, we will need their date of birth, and possibly their SSN. All payments are due at the time of service. If you do not have the insurance information with you, we will be happy to issue a receipt for insurance reimbursement.
- Make sure to come in early to update any paperwork before the examination. Don’t forget your insurance cards!
For your convenience, we accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. We deliver the finest care at the most reasonable cost to our patients; therefore, payment is due at the time service is rendered, unless other arrangements have been made in advance. If you have questions regarding your account, please contact us at 724-443-6767 in Bakerstown, or 724-226-0444 in Natrona Heights.
UPMC Vision Advantage
If UPMC is your health insurance company, and you are unaware of your vision coverage, you will need to contact them to determine with whom your vision coverage is through.
- Humana Military
- Superior Vision
- UPMC (all coverages except UPMC Select and UPMC Partner Network)
- Highmark Blue Cross/Blue Shield (Includes all Anthem, Select, Freedom)
- United Healthcare
- UPMC (all coverages)