Bissell Eyecare Operations Update
As businesses begin to reopen, Bissell Eye Care will be following the CDC and State Health Guidelines as it pertains to generalized non-emergent eyecare. Our staff will be reaching out to reschedule annual eye exams and follow-up care. As of May 18, 2020, we are not permitted to do contact fits on patients who have never previously worn them, but can continue all other contact lens services. This may change at any time, so we will continue to keep everyone updated on the latest information provided to us by the CDC, AOA, and POA.
We want to assure you that the Bissell Eye Care staff stands ready to serve you and your family. You may have concerns about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) so we want to take the time to let our patients know what extra precautions the Bissell Eye Care staff are taking in our efforts to help keep everyone healthy:
- Daily monitoring of the CDC updates and recommendations
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning/disinfecting of heavy use patient areas and in house eyeglass frames
- Limiting the number of patients in the office at one time, including limiting who may accompany a patient to their appointment. We ask that only the patient come into the building and others remain outside the building unless the patient needs a caretaker (i.e. child, elderly, medical condition, etc.)
- Curbside pick-up of glasses, contacts, and other goods
- Temperature check of employees and patients
- Mandatory use of masks of all employees and patients while in the building
- Providing hand sanitizer to patients and employees
- Discussing prevention measures daily
- Ensuring any employee displaying signs or symptoms of illness do not come into the office
The staff at Bissell Eye Care request any patients experiencing symptoms such as cough, fever or shortness of breath to please reschedule any appointments and follow CDC guidelines for monitoring.
We remain focused on doing our part in keeping you safe and healthy.